Chocolate. There’s just something about it isn’t there? Something so delicious that us ladies can’t keep our hands off of it!
But don’t worry – you aren’t alone.
Four out of Amazon’s five top selling protein powders of 2017 are chocolate flavored.
But just because something is popular, doesn’t mean it’s the right thing for your body. There’s a ton of crap protein out there, so we decided to list the best tasting chocolate protein powder for weight loss and staying healthy! (Also, check out our best strawberry and best tasting vanilla protein powder guides!).
When it comes to chocolate protein powder, there are a lot of misconceptions, and if you want to get and stay fit and healthy, it’s best to know which protein powders are best for your body.
Quick Answer: The Best Chocolate Protein Powder for Female Weight Loss
- Best Overall Chocolate Protein Powder – Cellucor Core Performance
- Best Tasting Chocolate Protein Powder – Body Fortress Super Advanced
- Best Healthy Chocolate Protein Powder – Nature’s Best Isopure Natural
- Best Gluten/Lactose Free Chocolate Protein Powder – Syntrax Nectar Sweets
We’ve sampled and tested all the leading chocolate protein powders out there, saving you time and money, and we’ve found the best chocolate protein powder for you.
And as an added bonus, we even threw in our favorite chocolate protein shake recipe (hint – it’s healthy and so delish!).
Whether you’re looking for great taste or exceptional value for money, our handy guide will show you the way to go.
But first… why the heck do we like chocolate anyways?
Also – check out our top Vanilla Protein Powders for weight loss
Editor’s Choice: Best Tasting Chocolate Protein Powders for Weight Loss
- Cellucor Cor-Performance 100% Whey Protein Powder
- Molten Chocolate
- 2 lbs
- Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder
- 2 lbs
- Nature's Best Isopure Natural Chocolate
- Natural Chocolate
- 3 lbs
- Syntrax Nectar Sweets Whey Protein Isolate
- Chocolate Truffle
- 2 lbs
Women and Chocolate
The results are in. Women crave chocolate. Badly.
Whether it be a biological need or a subconscious feeling from decades of crafty marketing, the fact of the matter is that women (particularly in the USA) crave chocolate.
And can you blame the ladies? Chocolate is delicious! But unfortunately, it isn’t always healthy. While dark chocolate has incredible heath benefits, milk chocolate doesn’t, and according to the world atlas of chocolate, over 70% of people living in North America prefer milk chocolate.
Dark Chocolate kicks butt!
Dark chocolate comes from the cocoa leaf and is packed with nutrients that support a healthy body. Some benefits of dark chocolate are it is…
- High in fiber
- High in iron
- Loaded with organic compounds and antioxidants
- Proven to help blood flow
- Helps keep skin healthy
Dark chocolate is truly amazing, and a bunch of the best chocolate protein powder is based on dark chocolate. But as much as we think we crave chocolate for the flavor, we are actually craving something else – the SUGAR! Let me introduce you to milk chocolate…
Milk Chocolate does not kick butt
Unlike dark chocolate, milk chocolate is very unhealthy. It is loaded with sugar, fats, and is very high in calories. While all of these things are OK in small doses, anything more can seriously have an effect on your health and weight!
In contrast, the best tasting chocolate protein powders for weight loss are low in sugar, carbs and fat. These chocolate protein powders will fill you, give you an amazing dose of protein and other nutrients, and most importantly, give you the chocolate taste you crave! This is exactly why the best chocolate protein powders are so powerful and so amazing!
Let’s look over some of our favorite chocolate protein powders for weight loss and a healthy lifestyle.
Choosing the right Chocolate Protein Powder
As said, to get sexy and live a healthy lifestyle, we want to avoid three things.
- Carbs (at least the bad types of carbs)
- Fats (duh)
- Sugars (double duh)
And the beauty of the best chocolate protein powders is that you can get the delicious flavor of chocolate in your life, while avoiding these three things, and as an added bonus you can add nutrients to your shake making it a super-healthy-I’m-gettin’-sexy shake!
Best Tasting Chocolate Protein Powders for Weight Loss (2017 Edition)
The Best Value Option
Other Great Chocolate Protein Powders To Consider
Our Favorite Chocolate Protein Shake
Also, check out our top blenders for protein shakes. We have the best recommendations, at the best price. Period.
Out of all Pro Women Powder shake recommendations, this one is our favorite of all of our chocolate protein shake recipes!
- One scoop Cellucor Molten Chocolate protein (our top chocolate protein pick. It also works very well for chocolate protein powder pancakes, chocolate protein powder muffins, and chocolate protein powder brownies)
- 1 cup coconut water (great for hydration, and blends great with any chocolate protein shake recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1 banana (get that potassium and gives the shake a nice consistency)
- 1 cup blueberries (rich in antioxidants – alternate with bananas if you can’t do both)
- 1 cup spinach (superfood that blends very well in shakes with chocolate)
- Ice to liking (add cubes to thicken up shake)
- Dash of cayenne peppers (not for everyone, but it will give the shake a fun spicy kick and the benefits of cayenne pepper are amazing!)
This shake pairs the best tasting chocolate protein powder with some very healthy ingredients. If you follow this chocolate protein shake recipe, getting skinny will taste absolutely delicious. It will help supercharge your body in ways you never knew, getting you on the right track to stay healthy!
As crazy as we are about Cellucor, you really can’t go wrong with any of the chocolate protein powders on this list.
Our best tasting chocolate protein powders for weight loss will provide the energy you need throughout the day, and are a natural way to build lean muscle without putting on weight.
What do you think? Did we miss your favorite protein powder? Comment below!
*Disclosure* Pro Women Powder makes the best recommendations for our users and is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you want to support the site, we will receive a small commission when you purchase on Amazon through the above links at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much for your support, and stay healthy and happy!